The plan had been set, I was going to attempt a tabletop game in connection with each of the coming 200th anniversary Napoleonic battles.
I had done Austerlitz with Kelly Jones in 2005, and that had set me on the path to attempting this.
![]() |
| this attitude would permeate my hobby time for the next decade |
![]() |
there was a good 'core element' to my Napoleonic troops at this point |
![]() |
| the first games would have to be using my grass paper mat, early version of base stands and the hills 'on top' |
| loads of practice runs were done |
| all to help me teach games better and faster |
| I was also growing my collection at the same time |
| many of these early battles have little or no notes |
| though the future metal base stand system could be seen coming into existence even at this stage the magnets were becoming frustrating |
![]() |
| I also knew that I could not do Jena, as I did not have the Emperor (yet), nor the troops to simulate that battle anyway I saw Auerstadt as far more interesting a battle ... |
Now, the next game timing issue ... I knew I wanted to do Eylau at the next Dak-Kon convention in 2007 ... and I did not have enough minis to do it ... yet.





4 comments:
Nice old photos, especially like the first one. And a really cool old map.
I do like seeing your Napoleonic tables!
Larry Leadhead is fun.
More than Pavlov Grenadiers would have been.
the coming few postings will be ones that you will want to see ... going back to properly cover two major battles I did in 2006 and 2007.
Post a Comment