Friday, August 07, 2026

backwards view :: 2005 De Bellis Antiquitatis TOURNAMENT

 I was feeling despondent that my 15mm Rise of Rome game system was either going to have to get sold off or given away, as I could not see them getting onto the tabletop any time soon.  

Rather than sell it all in a huff, I decided to run one more tournament, as I had in the late 1990s, and give away an army and a camp, then see if that could generate some interest in doing more.


it was a full 6 player setup

making full use of my 1'x1' terrain tiles
in the tournament mode

my best Roman Army ended up in the championship game

though I do not recall if it won or not

DBA did get played a few more times, the boards and armies were eventually sold off, though not for 7-8 years.

No comments: