Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Pirates! a mix-up match :: 2 by land 3 by sea

 Opportunity to get in a game of Blood & Plunder came at Nick's place, so I took it!

as with most skirmish games an after action report would be like describing half a dozen people on a dance floor

my Henry Morgan got out on the table this time

We tossed down a 100 point 5-way match with three teams on the water and two on land.

Mostly it was to get more familiar with the rules and setup and have a bit of pushing lead fun.


Rob's shaque featured on the land
along with many of his palms and a mix of scatter
from Nick

Nick's Dutchmen in a longboat, all of his own paintjobs

My pirates!

Rob's English Sea Dogs

 

The water teams took shots at each other, then I rammed the dock (faster than tying up), followed by Rob grappling me.  Then we had a melee - which Rob came away the worst.

On land the Spanish Lanceros did the deed - sticking an English crew led by Morgan.

I did a time-lapse video of the match:

1 comment:

daveb said...

Rumor has it that melee is a total high speed meat grinder.