Thursday, February 16, 2023

ACW Terrain Effects - bridge buildings and more

 The 15mm project continues apace.

This latest step are buildings from Sarissa Precision for 15mm scale.


the bridge took some assembly efforts for the ramps
unfortunately this is a 15mm 'accurate' bridge and will
be far too large for most tabletop games where the
troops are at a 150 or 200 to 1 ratio

the buildings are easy to assemble with just a little
bit of superglue

every part is a tight fit and they might
even hold together just with friction

I also did up a bunch of extra 'disorder' markers
as a gift for the game player who helped
make the donation for the forces
and supplied me with a few 'casualties'

the 'prone firing' markers were assembled at the same time
you can see some rail lines here also

I used my inking techniques on everthing

then some more color

some dry brushing and highlights

plus some fun details on the buildings

flocking for all the markers

the buildings went together so fast that
I realized I could get two more done quickly

in a day all were assembled and painted

I also put together some alternate bridge markers
that will do better for game table action

At the moment, I have 6 more molds in progress for more kepi wearing infantry and a draft horse and wagon set.

Up coming will be the first ever game of Bull Run (1861) - with possibly five new players as the commanders - so the rookie element will be accurate!




3 comments:

James Fisher said...

These look great David. I really like the Sarissa Precision stuff. Well priced and goes together well and easily. You have painted these really, really well.
Regards, James

Codsticker said...

I really like how you painted those buildings. Picking out the roof shakes and individual stones really makes the buildings pop.

MurdocK said...

Thank you gentlemen.

The shingles and stones process with ink makes it easier.