My middle son wanted to put the new table space to work - and test out his leg in standing for a long time - in a 40K game, while not my usual interest, I was willing to get the table into further action.
![]() |
| a bit of fun with the clip2comic app on my phone |
Along the way of setting up the table, we found that there were four more "L" shaped terrain pieces that were needed to fill out the minimum tabletop terrain for a simple mirror set up. So we pulled from the failed 3D prints that I had set aside in the spring and early summer, and I used them to finish out the four needed terrain bits.
| one was just supports from a good 3D print |
| these are all failed parts of bigger models |
| the wheels broke off this one |
| both of these chassis had some problem found during printing I left them out in the sun to get the UV light to 'cure' them |
We did the game (watch the video for the moves)
I managed to take out one big item ... before having my
flank turned and getting bludgeoned, just conceding victory
on turn 3
After the game I got to work on setting up the new terrain bits on
some stiffer board materials and then did some shot coat paint &
zenithal highlighting
| the whole group just after base coating |
| the zenithal technique gives a simple highlighting |
| you can see the two tubes in the background, I used 5 of the little tubes - or about $3 worth of glue to mount them on the scrap paperboard I had |
| the paperboard backing that I used was scrap from setting up shelf units |
| this larger one, with all the cables and bits really needed some color |
So I then got out some paints and a cheese box lid (plastic) to use as a palette
that I could then just toss out after I was done.
| finished product of the truck chassis |
| some of the color details |
| others were some metallic mixed with ink I also id some outlining of other parts in ink |
| the cables finished along with some other little 'shiny' bits |
A good follow up and it felt great to finish off the parts that I saved for terrain,
even when both boys said they probably would not be useful - I saw something different,
I was able to get buy in on what I had done ... now to maybe do others.
At the same time I cut out the bases, I did up some square ones that match for the
25/28mm buildings I have for ECW and Napoleonic games,
looking at turning out some larger ruins and burned out buildings.
| the one unit I managed to destroy during the game |
Now that the table has been put into action, we may see more from it in the coming months.


No comments:
Post a Comment