Saturday, March 26, 2022

Teddy Bear Fur & MORE!

 I finished off the blanket worth of the camouflage fur material I had, and laid out troops, for a sample set of photos:





Then I laid out some of the early version of the fur, for comparison.

In taking them out of the storage drawer, I was immediately reminded of why I wanted to do this change, I had 5-8 bases 'magnetize' together and dropped one mini (not on the floor thankfully) it was a few minutes of sorting before they were ready for use.

a royalist horse unit
with the first generation of 'fur'

comparison photo with a Scots horse unit
in the new fur

Royalist P&S standing on old bases
this was the difficult unit where muskets were dropped

in a fire exchange

both up close in a push of pike

wide angle shot of the whole force

I also took a few photos from above, to show the visibility of the units.



I have also taken advantage of the access to the sewing machine, to try out something that I thought of ... using some old other fabric:

A 'red' Command

Plans are in the works to consolidate this idea into at least three if not more such marker sets for use on the tabletop to aid new players in unit identification.

I am also going to work on recovering the old sets of teddy bear fur into the new versions (so that I will have at least two different full army sets of fur).

1 comment:

Archduke Piccolo said...

It's certainly 'different'. I think the wide angle shot gives a better impression of that the battles will look like, and it does look pretty good!