Sunday, February 07, 2021

18mm AB Crimea Russians

 This is a work for another game player and my contribution to a group effort to put on some tabletop games of the Crimea 1850s era games.

The minis arrived in late January and I have begun painting as of February 1.

bare metal

new base coat method, black, grey & white
bottom, mid & top

dark chocolate layer

the camera had troubles getting images in focus of the 'white' dry-brush layer ... 

so I omitted them


reds oranges and browns of the coats and horses

All going well I will have these minis ready for the base stands by next week and all done before the end of February.


What is on your painting desk these days?



5 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

I, too, enjoy Eureka’s 18mm ranges but, my, you sure tackle a large number of figures at one go.

MurdocK said...

I was going to do just two brigades, 48 minis, over the week, then the weather cleared and I realized I could have everything in the project base coated that day - if I did the cleaning and ready for painting quickly, then I could have them all to a 'same standard' for the next stages.

Then I could do the stages as a wave and likely have them all done within a month, rather than the start-stop that sometimes comes from not being able to base coat in the rain.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Strike while the sun shines (or at least while the rain does not fall).

James Fisher said...

Off to the Crimea David? I really like your production line, as ever. These will look great.
I have a big production line, but not as organised as yours. Main foci are early 'Napoleonics' (1796–97, so really French Revolutionary wars) and First World War (with other Napoleonics and some late 17th and early 18th thrown in).
Regards, James

MurdocK said...

Hi James, this lot was something of a commission for another gamer.

I am not collecting Crimea, though I hope to join the others in a game or two.

My two foci are Napoleonic and ECW, though the Pirates are straying a bit further out into Protectorate territory, they will also work in a Pulp setting.