Monday, September 02, 2019

Royalist Forces Completed, the Oxford Horse

In my progress of this English Civil War armies, I have started with the Parliament and then transitioned into the Royalists.

overview shot of the whole force with the King
This has been an example in painting progress and skill increase, wherein my Parliament troops are really quite simple in their painting, some done very quickly.  Now with the three different 'forces' Cornish, Welsh and now Oxford in my Royalist army I have done more details, and due to my decision to have the white band field sign on the Royalists, the time used on the models was increased.

again the horse speed painting technique was used, then the work went into the riders

fully flocked and waiting for the flags

Then a parade with the King:

this troop is using a Prince Rupert type of flag

the troop is flying something of a royal banner

this one is inspired by the white coat with buff leather that I painted them in

here are all four troops (one does not have a 'color' and will be also used as dragoon stand in)

So now at long last (5 years!), my base English Civil War forces are all done.

Sigh, yet now the Scots, Irish and conjectural French forces are looming on the horizon ... thankfully I have already been collecting some of the Scots/Irish and a recent trade has brought a bunch of 30 years war troops into my possession which could be used to make the French.

Ultimately I have plans to have a brigade of New Model Army pike and shot to be finished along with the gifted Cuirassier lobsters from Jeff.

Up next will be a Black Powder game organized by Rob, then we will start our campaign game in ECW.

3 comments:

Peter said...

The cavalry look absolutely splendid all lined up together.

MurdocK said...

Thank you Gentlemen.

tidders said...

A fine body of horse