Sunday, July 26, 2026

Another Confederate Division for Gettysburg in 15mm

 12 days again!

Only 12 days from start to finish for this Confederate Division of Rodes, in 15mm.

The process, now having been committed to memory, is going faster than in the past.  This month I will have managed to crank out two divisions, one Union and one Confederate.  Not likely in the coming month, as more time will be set aside for other actions already planned.  Not to mention the time needed to form the new location game table ...

bare metal

brushed on base coat 
(still shiny and wet)

'damp brush' the pale tan

base colors

ink!

detail layer

matte coated (still damp & shiny)

onto base stands

flocking done

in a battlefield formation
with three of the new 'earthworks'
on the top of a new hill
(cloth is old, the foam hill underneath is new)

isolation photos of 4 of the 5 brigades

neat shot showing off the guns and troops
with the earthworks

So that looks like all the coming game action for July 2026.

August is shaping up to be more about the games table, even though it may not be done until later in the year - depending on more factors that I care to focus on.

This may mean I'll need to do a game on the old "back-of-the-chalkbord" tabletop system; though barring any major mishaps I may be able to game this Autumn on the new tabletop.


No comments: