Sunday, April 25, 2021

French forces of LORRAINE for ECW

 ... or how I spent the latest month of restricted time.

I have had a game, Unhappy King Charles, which includes a 'conjectural' allied force for the Royalist from France, Lorraine in particular.

 I had some unpainted pike & shot swapped to me for some colonials and as they were already assembled, all I needed to do was add a fender washer and paint them up.

So here they are!

the completed Battallia

how they looked after fender washers were on

I used an azimuth technique with black from below
and white from above for the base coat

then a wash and highlight

color layers

out on a sunny afternoon for clear matte coat

there were a couple of metal officers with real character

the while battallia looked great (though I still need to
do more flags - they are all the 2x sized ones)

a red regiment

a blue

a tawny yellow

and a mixed green regiment (missing any flag yet)

the metal officers contingent

all on parade on a battlefield I set up to give them a
first run and try out some solo rules ideas of mine ...


5 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Very nice!

tradgardmastare said...

These have turned out very nicely indeed.

fireymonkeyboy said...

Oooh, this is a dangerous idea I can see how this might, quite easily, facilitate a slide from ECW into the deep, dark waters of the 30yw. I like it!

Jonathan Freitag said...

FMB, this is a slippery slope, indeed!

MurdocK said...

FMB lol!

Hmmm ...