Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Bureaucracy Strikes Back....

Well my New Hope of having another game promo demo (or 3?) at the CRA has been suitably dashed by The Administration.

Forget that I got a player 'right away' last time and that 3-8 others were at least entertained - even though they all refused to take over the French or join in with the Russians in the game in any way - they were content to watch in 'kibitz' about things military, historical or gaming.

The only other thing that drew that many on the same night was the Kareoke (sp?) machine...

Anyway I have been told that I must clear anything done thru the main CRA offices (which I had done via email, but not 'in person' to the right people I suppose).

No matter, it was 1/2 hour extra to drive and for no positive gains from the admin at the CRA. The Campbell River crew is still curious and after Auerstadt game on Oct 14, I will be doing anohter on the 20th for them.

Just dissapointing when I hear over and over again that the 'boys' 12-22 are looking for something to do (other than playstation, kareoke, air hockey or ping-pong) and when something shows up, needs nothing other than a table (that no one else was using) and it manages to draw spectators in that group that they THE ADMINISTRATION want to shut it down.

Sigh...

1 comment:

Bluebear Jeff said...

About all I can say in a forum that may be read by mixed company and the young is . . . Aaaarrrrrgggh!

Remember the anthem of Administrations everywhere . . .

"Ours is not to reason why; when all we need do is DENY!"


-- Jeff