Friday, September 29, 2006

Promotions Continue.



I did a first tryout at the new LINC youth center in Courtenay.

It took some time to re-connect with the right people but I managed to get the ping-pong table net removed and the game was on!



Only one other player in the game this time, he had played once before which made set-up much easier since there was a lot of noise in the room at first.

Simple Russian rear-guard vs French advance guard.



The Russians held their own for 6 turns (2-3 hours simulated time), but once the French flank riding cavalry arrived the whole Russian line collapsed in 2 turns (about 40 mins to 1 hour simulation time).

Great game with actual counter-orders coming in from Russian commands and need for the French to hold out, which one division did not and the Grenadiers did on the hilltop, sealing the victory by standing firm and letting Russian Hussars break against their square!



One more tomorrow night, then playtest on Sunday!

Big games weekend for me! (like having 3 mini-conventions in a row).

Great Fun.

Cheers

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Wow! Quite a lot done in just a few days.

Looks like I'll have to dig out the SHAKO rules and re-aquaint myself with them since it is several months since I played them that once.


-- Jeff

MurdocK said...

Not really,

It has been about a month of building towards this and I finally got my 'free time' without children (my wife and I trade) so that I could get all this finished in time for the 'dress-rehersal' on Oct 1.

I suspect that a similar push will be needed in mid-late January in order to have the troops needed for EYLAU ready in time...sigh.