Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 5 DONE!

140 miniatures in 5 days!

I also managed to get the grass cut and the weather held out for the garden wars game!

Alex and I did a full afternoon recreation of Quatre Bras (well sort-of).

I shall have to post the pictures from the battle later, but the troops are presented for your enjoyment now.


Bluebear Jeff said...

I am very very impressed! And I look forward to your "Garden Game" account and photos.

-- Jeff

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Blimey! How many hours do you think??

rpardo said...

Post the battle pictures soon!

MurdocK said...

Yes battle pics coming soon, I have looked them over once with Alex but was too bleary eyed last night once I got the boys to bed.

I'm guessing here on the times for each step but:
Sticking with white glue (which had not completely set under the minis as I had found some, about half, that were still wet with white blobs in the center of the fender washers) took about an hour.

Day 1: 3 hours
Day 2: 3.5 hours
Day 3: 6 hours (with many interruptions)
Day 4: 4.5 hours
Day 5: 2 hours (flocking is so finicky)

TOTAL 19 hours or 8 minutes and 9 seconds per miniature
(not including drying time for base coat, inks or sealing/top coat)

Stokes Schwartz said...

Hi Murdock,

Jeff mentioned your project to me, and I had to drop by to see how things have been progressing. From the look of it, very, very well I'd say. How do you do it?

Best Regards,


MurdocK said...

Thank you Stokes,

I have started my progress towards a website dedicated towards much of the 'how' in all of my minis activites.

Still lots to write, but your interest keeps me fueled!

Fitz-Badger said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Grimsby Mariner said...

Excellent work. I trust that there was a celebration following completion? At least a toast to the hard work put in.

CWT said...

Wow, I'm very impressed! Kudos to you, & I'll keep an eye out for the battle report

MurdocK said...


Not a chance Grimbsby, I had to get out and mow the back lawn (carfully around the 'woods') so that we could use it for our battlefield!

The fun done, the troops used, my son elated at finally seeing the impact of the troops moving in the larger arcs (we used SHAKO at double scale). After that we did some celebrating, though not for very long as we had to clean-up all before any rain fell (thankfully none did during the day), make dinner and after sending my bride off to a baby shower I did a night of daddy day care (or would that be night watch?).

No rest for the wicked.

MurdocK said...

Battle report may be in progress for posting by Wednesday.

tidders said...

What an achievement - all those nicely painted figures!


-- Allan