Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More Burtzenia brushworks.

With the coming game on 15 July likely to involve my son, taking on the command of a brigade of troops as an ally (of one side or the other), the need to finish this batch of forces has become more urgent (as most likely they will take to the field the day after they are finished).

The faces and 2nd shade layer of the uniforms is done, as is the undercoat of the belts, packs, canteens etc. Another layer of white (possibly not cut at all just straight titanium white) will round out the tunics and pouchbelt. Then the unit colors get put on.

I have decided on an emerald green color for the Dragoons, gonna see how it looks with this bunch first before I try it out on any larger a collection.

I also included a more 'close-up' view of some of the infantry, the photos were shot near twilight starting so the light levels in the back were lower, but also the colors are more true as the overhead room lights are not 'yellowing' everything.


Cheers

4 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Looks like they are beginning to shape up . . . looking good.


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

I used green on my Ballyfoole Grenadiers. I quite like it (and there is plenty of white so the fellows don't blend into the background) :-)

Stokes Schwartz said...

Hey there Murdock,

Your latest batch of figures is really shaping up nicely. Looking forward to some possible photos of them in action on the big day.

Best Regards,

Stokes Schwartz

MurdocK said...

Thank you gentlemen, I am also hopeful that I can get the time to finish this brigade.

If only so that I can get at finishing the fantasy minis that were supposed to be done last year!