Sunday, August 16, 2026

looking back :: 2006 Dak-Kon Convention KNIGHTS

 The 11th ever Dak-Kon convention was in 2006 (it was not completely annual as I think they missed one or two years before I joined into things in 2003 or 2004), and the theme was KNIGHTS and I was going to run a chess tournament opposite the Magic card tournament on the Sunday of the event.

a real mix of players

we had a few 'loaner' clocks
and a first prize very nice chess set!

I had managed to attract a few really good players
from the Island area and Lower Mainland

All I can really remember from this event is that the magic card players complained that the chess players were making too much noise at one point (it was a tense tie breaker game that everyone cheered at both players finishing!)

while the chess tournament did not catch on, there were plenty of positive comments about the whole event.

No comments: