Sunday, August 09, 2026

an Arcadian throwback :: Star Trek Role-Playing

 I have been into Role-Playing games since at least 1978.  And Star Trek fan since I can remember.

It was wonderful to combine them in the early 2000s with a keen Game Master partner (there were 2 GMs) one 'on the planet' the other 'on the ship' (or other place) where the Player Characters could interact with the two of us as part of the story line.  We settled on one of the GMs as the Captain of the ship, that way we could somewhat direct the story - though never too much as there was always the 'other GM (me)' to keep the plot moving or to switch up the issue if the Captain GM got too far of track, and likewise the Captain GM could advance the story when the other GM was occupied elsewhere.


the First Officer

the First Officer's Log
from the guild website

Eventually, that Captain GM got posted away and we moved up the First Officer to Captain, gaming along a bit more, I think it was maybe 2009 (?) that the SFB game ended (I'm not fully certain as the players might have continued after I departed).  We moved in 2005, so it made continuing the game harder over time since I had to travel further to get to any games and many of the players family situations had become more complex.  As with all games things, time to focus on them is always at a premium.

No comments: