Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Great Wargames Survey of 2022

 I have not taken part in the survey before as I had seen it as a marketing tool.

Since then I have decided that real decisions are coming from the data gathered, and so I have decided to enter my own data into the mix.


You can do you own (it takes about 10 mins) at the site link here:

Wargames Survey 2022

I ended up putting in longer comments at the end of the survey since the questions often did not directly apply in my situation and I am the first to admit that I do not fit the common commercial game buyer.

Let me know what your experience of looking into your own hobby action(s) was like?

2 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Well, I am happy to see you took the step toward completing the survey. I think you will be glad you did. 2022 marks the fourth year that I have had a hand in the survey primarily in post-survey analytical retrospectives. In the four years, I see little in the way of using the survey as a tool in marketing campaigns with the exception of possibly trawling for magazine subscribers. I am not even sure if those non-subscribers are actively pursued. I have never been. Each year I offer up a few suggested questions to pursue my own curiosities. Usually, those questions are added into the survey after a bit of explaining.

As an historical wargamer, survey results have opened up a whole new perspective on the hobby. The wargaming hobby is much more diverse than I imagined when looking out from my little niche. Analyzing the data brings to the surface trends, tendencies, and preferences for which I only suspected or had no clue. Completing the survey brings more clarity into my own preferences and choices.

I think the survey is a very useful summer exercise.

Phil Dutré said...

I have participated in the survey quite a few times.
I see it as part of engaging with the hobby at large. I don't expect such a survey will have an influence on the type of comemrcial products being available in the futre, but through the various reports, it is useful to get an insight in the wider trends in the hobby.