Sunday, May 18, 2008

The redcoats are coming...

I have been very busy with cleaning flash from the 100's of belgic SHAKO wearing British Infantry.

So far I have done 240+/- of them and have 64 on painting sticks with basecoat on them awaiting brush action today.


I like to clean the figs with a pair of flush-cut clippers that I have and then use a heavy metal file to get the bases FLAT.

From there I tend to clean off the bulk flash with the clippers, followed by some blade trimming and finally into the use of my favorite tool a semi-round, diamond cross cut, micro-metal file which I have found most useful for almost all areas of flash detail cleaning.

The slow progress has come due to the need to work a lot suddenly which has taken me away from many of my other projects...for now hobby still has to be rather low on the list.

After finishing a few hours out at the beach with the children I am now ready to focus on revving up the brushes!

2 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Yay, more Highlanders! :-)

Bluebear Jeff said...

Ah, back at work on those Nappy Chaps, eh? Well, it is better than nothing . . . although not as good as tricorn troops.

Of course I've been trying to finish off a lot of my OG Colonials, so I guess that I can't complain, can I?


-- Jeff