Sunday, February 10, 2008

St Valentine's Seige Train has major progress!

Starting with an hour right after breakfast (during which the daddy daycare did not have to 'kick-in') I managed a major advance on the gunners and escourts.

All blocking colours and flesh tones got done.

This action then prompted me to look into the calendar and see whether I could press on today and still manage all my other needed actions.

I found that I had better attack this project today, if I wanted any hope of having them done before my target date of Feb 13!

This brought on a new vitality to my painting, along with some good classical music playing in the background.

I managed to get the second layer of colours onto all units, including the guns and escourts.

Then came the 'daddy-daycare' break...thankfully it was short!

I put on the film "Heat" in the background and pressed on into the details works on the gunners and the guns.



Now the possibility of having all done today was presenting itself clearly and I wanted to get all of the gunners and guns done to the 'metallics' stage today if at all possible!

After dinner (where I was the cook) I managed another 45 minutes of detail works and voila! I have 30 gunners and 16 guns waiting for metallics (which I may or may not get to tonight).

(remember that you can clik on a pic to see it bigger)

4 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Wow! I'm impressed. You got a lot more done than Pete and I did . . . of course you had more time than we did.

No, forget it. If we'd had the time you did, we still wouldn't have come close to your output.

Good work.


-- Jeff

MurdocK said...

Thank you Jeff, I was inspired by the knowledge that you and Pete were paniting also.

Fitz-Badger said...

I'm impressed, too! You got a lot done!
(also wondering a bit about the one hot pink gun... or is it really just red?)

MurdocK said...

It is red, but needs a dark 'wash' over it.

Looks like I will get some time tonight or tomorrow to get those last 'bits' done.