Friday, July 31, 2026

Tabletop minis game campaigning ideas

 Using an old board game to set up a massive campaign or series of tabletop games centered around Gettysburg.

The idea here is to use the Avalon Hill "Gettysburg 88" board game to set up the tabletop battles that would be played out using either Valour & Fortitude or Fire & Fury, depending on the players at the battle situation.

I have generated a Cyberboard game box for Gettysburg 88 and have some ideas for how to make the translation happen, yet in the end it will simply be up to the players at the table at the time to setup what makes sense for them and their playing space, time and miniatures available.


the Lee playing piece

I also quickly put together a quick chart for the layout and a first blush at what the map looks like, it will work out very well I believe.

test map for opening positions of all games

No feedback yet from potential players, yet I see this as a way to engage on having the tabletop games have more meaning than the battle of the moment.

 I came to this idea after watching a great little summary of a General article from 1989:


 

What do you do to make your tabletop games have more meaning than just the game of the day or training? 

No comments: