Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Now a Mappe, for ECW Campaign for the South West in 1643

Waller and Hopton had a number of engagements with each other in battle over the course of the English Civil War

These started in 1643 after the Battle of Stratton.

The series of engagements in mid 1643 after Stratton are detailed by Robert Giglio in a Campaign Scenario booklet put out by Caliver Books in 2014.

a piece of the South West that was busy in 1643


Rob and I shall take on this series in the next few months (perhaps a year before we are done) and play out the campaign.

I am looking forward to this action series now that I can see how it all links up.

With the map here, the scenarios from the book are detailed in on the ground to show where they took place.

3 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

I look forward to this campaign too!

Khusru said...

Hi!
Better yet is Bellum Civile. Lord Hopton's Narrative of the War in the West, 1642-44. I sold my copy recently. It was from Caliver way back in the '90's I think.

Friends Of General Haig said...

That is a great scenario book. Look forward to hearing about your replays of the battles.