Wednesday, June 21, 2017

War in the Window

Way back in 2001, I helped to organize a game being played in the display window of a local game shop.

With the recent re-organization of my office/work space I came across copies of the rules and some other documents about this game.

So here I share a few of them and some frame grabs from the video that we made.

Lord of Light in action

the infamous group - the Mummies

a wider-angle shot of the battle

Front Gates of the Castle
The rules were dead simple:

Each troop has their own card, here are a few of them:


I had taken shots of the miniatures borrowed for the game and mixed with my own to fill out the units.

I made up a deck of spell cards, to make the 'magic' work.

Finally there was a summary card to tell the story of the game and left in the window for an extra week.

It was a neat few months of game demonstrations.




1 comment:

MurdocK said...

In the year 2010, the store that we did the game at announced that they were closing.

in 2012, the store closed.